I’ve been working with SharePoint 2010 and Word Automation Services quite a bit these days. I recently ran into an error that I just could not figure out. There’s very little out there on teh interwebs, and the only solution that I found sounded perfect. At first.
When attempting to convert a file from .docx to .pdf via Word Automation Services we were receiving:
Unrecognized attribute ‘allowInsecureTransport’. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive. (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0\WebServices\WordServer\Proxy.config line 77)
This was a brand new SharePoint install and everything appeared to be configured correctly. The ONLY solution that I could find was to apply a .NET hotfix (KB976462). It made sense. It sounded perfect! However… the .dlls that the hotfix wanted to apply were at an older version than what was already on the SharePoint server. At this point, we opened a case with Microsoft… (more…)